iReady Diagnostic & Instruction
The Ridgefield School District is pleased to partner with Curriculum and Associates to use a program called i-Ready® Diagnostic & Instruction, an innovative adaptive assessment and engaging personalized instruction program for reading and math. i-Ready will help our teachers assess the needs of each and every student in their class while monitoring progress throughout the school year. It will also provide differentiated, individualized online and classroom instruction based on the skills that each student needs.
i-Ready Diagnostic will be given at least two times during the school year: at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year. A winter assessment window is available for those staff members that want an additional checkpoint. The results of the adaptive assessment provide teachers with an instructional course of action personalized for each student.
- Designed for students to get about 50% correct and 50% incorrect and will find a “just right” placement level for reading and/or mathematics for each student in the quickest, most efficient way possible.
- Helpful in showing what your child “can do” and what “the next steps for instruction” will be, individualizing instruction for each student.
We would like to enlist your assistance in preparing your child for these assessments.
Encourage Your Child
- Eat a good breakfast and be rested for the day of the assessment
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush
- Try not to worry about questions they do not know—remind them that it is expected they will get about half of the questions correct
- Take “breaks” and have fun with the short “game breaks” that are integrated into the assessment
- Have paper and pencil handy for math questions
- Be respectful of other students who take longer to finish
If you have any questions about i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher directly. You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting www.i-ready.com/tour.