SOUTH RIDGE ELEMENTARY
Title I/Learning Assistance Program (LAP)
Parental Involvement Plan 2016-17
South Ridge Elementary is committed to the goal of providing quality education for every child in the Ridgefield School District. To this end, we want to establish partnerships with parents and with the community. Everyone gains if South Ridge Elementary and home work together to promote high achievement by our children. Neither home nor South Ridge Elementary can do the job alone. Parents play an extremely important role as their children’s first teachers. Support for their children and for the school is critical to children’s success at every step along the way.
South Ridge Elementary recognizes that some students may need the extra assistance available through the Title I/LAP to reach the state’s high academic standards. South Ridge Elementary intends to include parents in all aspects of the school’s Title I/LAP program. The goal is a school-home partnership that will help all students to succeed.
We encourage and need your input in making our school the best it can be. Thank you for staying involved in your child’s education. If you have any questions, please call/email our Title I/LAP Intervention Specialist, Willy Lee, at (360) 619-7403 or email@example.com.
Ridgefield School District aspires to be the state’s premier district, leveraging strong community partnerships to provide each student personalized learning experiences, opportunities, and skills that ensure success and unlimited possibilities.
Goal 1: Provide parents with the opportunity to have input and suggestions for revision of the school Parent Involvement Plan through a variety of ways.
- Email and/or mail surveys
- Website link to survey
- Annual informational meetings
- Parent-Teacher conferences
- Title I/LAP Open House/Family Resource Fair
- Parent Advisory Committee
- Provide activities at a variety of times
- Provide childcare
Goal 2:Provide outreach for parents with children with limited English proficiency (LEP), parents with children with disabilities, and parents of migratory children so they can be involved in their child's education.
- Follow the district LEP Plan to assess possible LEP students.
- Communicate with parents regarding this process and other pertinent school information in an understandable and uniform format (including alternative formats) upon request; and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents can understand.
Goal 3:Provide an opportunity for parents and school staff to jointly develop a School–Parent Compact that is to be implemented annually and includes: the school's responsibility to provide high–quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment; the way in which each parent will be responsible for supporting their child's learning; and strategies that will address the importance of ongoing communication between teachers and parents.
- Review the School–Parent Compact annually for revisions by the Parent Advisory Committee.
- Review the Compact with parents during parent-teacher conference week, Title I/LAP Open House, annual informational meetings, and/or Family Resource Fair.
Goal 4:Provide notice and information under the "Parents Right to Know" requirements to all parents in Title I schools, in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, in a language parents can understand.
- Include a copy of OSPI’s Parents' Right to Know and What is Title I Brochure with their child’s entry letter and with the invitation to attend the annual informational meetings.
- Notify parents of professional qualifications of their child’s teachers/para educators through Ridgefield School District’s Annual Student, Parent, Guardian, and Staff Notifications.
Goal 5:Provide opportunities to build the school’s and parents’ capacity for strong parental involvement.
- Conduct an annual meeting of parents of participating Title I/LAP students to
- explain the goals and purposes of the Title I/LAP program.
- describe and explain Washington state’s Common Core State Standards and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
- State and district assessments - including forms of academic assessments used to measure student progress
- effective ways to monitor a child’s progress and work with educators to improve the achievement of their children. Including materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s achievement, such as literacy training and using technology, as appropriate.
- invite parents to participate on the Parent Advisory Committee to evaluate and identify barriers to successful parental involvement; and
- provide an opportunity to participate in the development, operation and evaluation of the program.
- Utilize a variety of communication techniques to enhance parent participation. To include:
- Email and/or mail/send home surveys and informational materials
- Website link to survey and informational materials
- Annual informational meetings
- Parent Teacher Conferences
Goal 6:Provide opportunities for parent involvement in the process of the school review and school improvement plan.
- Provide opportunities to review the school improvement plan. The SIP will be made available to parents at parent meetings, Title I parent nights, open house events, and on the Title I school’s website.
- Encourage parents to participate in the annual parent survey requesting parental input on school improvement efforts.
This South Ridge Elementary Parental Involvement Plan have been developed/revised jointly with, and agreed upon with, parents of children participating in Title I program, as evidenced by meeting minutes.
The Parental Involvement Plan was developed/revised by South Ridge Elementary on December 7, 2016 and will be in effect for the period of 2016-17 school year. The school will distribute the Parent Involvement Plan to all parents of participating Title I children and make it available to the community on or before January 13, 2016.
South Ridge Title I/LAP Intervention Specialist
These parents were involved with the development of this document: ____________________________