District Goal 2
Provide safe, inclusive, and supportive environments that nurture the well-being of the whole child.
- Develop and expand family resource center(s) to address the broad range of students and family needs at each school.
- Develop and expand after-school extracurricular program offerings to support students’ diverse interests and needs.
- Actively review and refine emergency school procedures with partnering agencies and first responders.
- School improvement plans will address respective and collaborative environments among all school community members.
- Implement Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports in all schools.
- Construct and maintain facilities with an emphasis on a safe environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Deliver whole child professional development to staff and parents.
- Expand staff and partnership capacity to address the mental health needs of students.
Measurement of Success
- Reduction in the disciplinary disparity between student sub-groups in the district at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Reduction in suspensions and/or expulsions in the district at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Continuous improvement in positive response rates on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) on the Healthy Youth Survey.
- Annual increase in the percentage of students involved in extracurricular activities in the Ridgefield School District.
- District’s successful completion of Safety Audit and Action Plan annually.
- Annual increase in the percentage of participants in Community Education programs.
- District will continuously make facility enhancements to support safe, inclusive learning environments.